Saint David’s Day School is a non-sectarian, separately incorporated educational program for 3 to 5 year-olds.
We have two sessions: one in the Morning and one in the Afternoon.
The goals of Saint David’s Day School’s program are to:
- Value each child as an individual
- Understand and meet the developmental needs of each child
- Provide opportunities for children to gain confidence and a healthy self-concept
- Encourage children to become active participants in their learning through experience and exploration of hands-on materials
- Teach problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution
- Promote creativity as inspired by varied child-centered approaches
- Encourage in children an acceptance of others by establishing a classroom community
We plan each day so that children will:
- Receive individual attention
- Feel safe and secure
- Develop satisfying relationships with other children and adults
- Experience successes in order to develop a positive self-image
- Learn to respect the personal rights of others
- Develop intellectual and physical skills
The Day School is located across from St. David’s Church, at 761 Park Street. Our calendar generally corresponds to the public school calendar in order to help families coordinate schedules with siblings. The Morning Preschool Session operates Monday through Thursday mornings from 8:15 am – 12:15 pm. Afternoon Preschool Session operates Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons, 12:45 pm – 3:45 pm.
The e-mail address for the school is email@example.com